Dr. John A. Salerno, DAAPM
Board Certified in Pain Management
Brick Office Park - 525 Route 70 East Brick, NJ 08723 - (732) 341-7171
Stockton Family Practice - 56 South Main St., Stockton, NJ - (609) 397-8585
Physician's Services - 107 Monmouth Ave., W. Long Branch, NJ - (732) 542-2678
Bucks County, PA Office Voicemail - (215) 862-6792
Services - Neurophysiology
- Integrative treatment strategies for the management of neurological, orthopedic,
metabolic, and cardiovascular problems as well as pain management, chronic
illness, stress related disorders, attention deficit, depression, anxiety,
sleep disturbance, pain, and post traumatic stress disorders.
- Neurotransmitter testing and nueroendocrine testing with amino
acid therapy as well as nutritional/herbal medicine for pain, ADD,
brain function, sleep
disturbance, depression, anxiety, mood disorders, and
chronic fatigue syndrome.
Electromedicine treatment including cranial electrotherapy and microcurrent
therapy for scar tissue, inflammation, acute/chronic pain, sleep disturbance, anxiety, stress management, depression/mood disorders, dry macular degeneration, blood pressure and
- Specialty in treating Fibromyalgia utilizing Dr. St. Amandís guafenesin protocol
and the Vitalzyme enzyme protocol. Additional specialties include the treatment
of Lyme disease, brain injury, acute and chronic pain problems, and stress
- Weekend residential or day intensives for Fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, brain injury,
chronic pain, and Attention Deficit Disorder which include workshop formats
on cause, diagnosis, conventional and alternative treatments, and nutrition.
Individual consultation/treatment as well as recreational activities.
Intensives take place in a beautiful country setting and significant others are welcome.
- Wellness weekends in beautiful country settings with complement of massage,
reflexology, cranio-sacral, yoga, meditation, sauna, recreation and individual consultation
- Individualized complementary medicine approaches to health care including
biofeedback, neurotherapy, neuromuscular assessments, attention training,
hypnotherapy, and psychoneuroimmunology.
- Medical products, nutritional supplements and environmental products.
Philosophy and Approach
My approach is a holistic one in the sense of combining traditional,
complementary, and alternative practices in the treatment of the whole
person. I strongly believe that an individual's self-healing potential
and personal empowerment must be maximized in the treatment process.
It is an honor to work with people and to learn from them every day.
Respect, therapeutic relationship, adequate consultation time, and
listening are critical aspects of what I try to bring to the healing
process. I provide a caring, committed facilitative approach and will
integrate treatment with other health care providers.
- Licensed clinician with doctoral degree in health/medical psychology with emphasis in clinical behavioral medicine and neuropsychology
- Diplomate - American Academy of Pain Management
- Senior Fellow of the Biofeedback Certification Institute of America
- Member of the Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback
- Certification in biofeedback - Biofeedback Certification Institute of America
- Certified in clinical hypnotherapy - American Hypnosis Training Academy
- Completed two year post doctoral certification program in neurophysiology
- Fielding Institute/NYU medical school neurology department
- Twenty years experience in behavioral medicine
- Consulted for behavioral medicine department of acute care hospital
- Consulted for pain management department of rehabilitation/extended care facility
- Ongoing clinical behavioral medicine training for a variety of medical problems
- Accepted to consulting staff at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
Advertising Services by