Lee A. Bowers, Ph.D.
Hypnotherapist, & Personal Coach
Welcome to Suburban Psychological Services
- Psychotherapy for Individuals, Couples, and Groups
- Consultation and Training for Groups and Organizations
- Personal Performance Coaching
Therapy is an exploratory problem solving process. We examine problems and together,
work towards a resolution that is satisfactory to both your intellect and spirit.
The confidentiality of your records and therpay sessions is protected by State and
Federal law. Records cannot and will not be released to anyone without your
What are the Goals of Therapy? - The overall goal of therpay is to help
you feel better, understand yourself, identify your needs, and empower you to
make decisions that are in your best interest. Therapy usually begins with some
specific personal goals you wish to achieve.
How are Goals Achieved? - Within a comfortable and confidential setting, we will
work together to assess your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Together, we will formulate a plant to initiate positive change.
What is the Therapy Process? - The therapy process includes the following
Why is Therapy More Effective than Talking to a
Friend or Family Member? - Usually, your friends and family members have difficulty
being objective. A trained therapist is able to hear critical information that
others often miss. A therapist is objective, emphatic, and non-judgmental.
Sessions and Fees - Sessions usually start on the the hour and last
50-55 minutes, although you can arrange for longer sessions. We will discuss
fees when you make an appointment. Most indemnity and preferred provider
insurance plans will cover a portion of our services. We will give you the proper
forms to submit to your insurance plan for reimbursement.
We frequently help people with the following issues:
- Identify Problem(s)
- Gather related information
- Determine and implement your plan for change.
- Evaluate your progress
At Suburban Psychological Services, We Believe...
- Relationship Problems
- Health Concerns
- Allergy Elimination
- Physical Pain Management
- Low Self-Esteem
- Family Problems
- Job Stress
- Chronic Illness
- Decision Making
- Compulsive Behaviors
- Personal Growth
- Spiritual Growth
- Parenting Problems
- Grief and Loss (including pet loss)
- Aging parents
- Spiritual Crisis
- Self-defeating Behaviors
- Interpersonal/Social Skills
- Performance Coaching:
- Public Speaking
- Performing Arts
- Organizational and Group Consulting
- Personal of Professional Goal Setting
- In treating each client with dignity and respect.
- In providing you professional and compassionate help
promptly, at reasonable cost and convenience.
- In working cooperatively with your other health care providers
- In being up-to-date with the newest and most effective treatment methods
- In knowing the professionals in the community in order to make reliable
referrals for you when you need them.
- In promptly responding to your emergencies, 24 hours a deay, seven days a week.
Dr. Lee A. Bowers