Profit from the implementation of technology into your
daily business practices - Computing and the Internet
Computers and Business Efficiency
For more information on businesses that provide education for Computers
and Technology, please
Any person who wants to profit from the use
of technology in his/her business, should consider learning about
computers and the importance of them as an integral part of business systems.
Below are 10 points that can help
you to become more efficient in the use and care of your
These tips are designed for PC users. That is, computers running Windows
95, 98, or 2000.
- It is best to buy a computer that has expansion capability, so
that you can upgrade the machine's performance and increase it's
utility as your business grows.
- Computers running Windows 95, 98, or 2000 should go through
a regular maintenance routine. These functions are already built-in
to the operating system.
- Proper "Power Surge" protection should be utilized to protect
your equipment from power outages and surges.
- Register all hardware to take
advantage of manufacturer's warranties.
- All computer equipment and storage media should be kept
away from magnetic field sources, such as TV's and microwaves.
- Remove unwanted software by it's "Uninstall" feature
- Weigh the costs and benefits of implementing software packages
that can help streamline your business, such as, fax software,
spreadsheets, e-mail, databases, etc....
- The updating of virus software should happen a minimum of
once every month. Click here
for an example of virus protection software.
- Connecting to the Internet through any type of connection
should only be done in concert with a provider
who will work with you on security measures.
- Web browsing should be done with all "java" and "cookies" disabled
in the browser's "Preferences".
Philadelphia Spirit Experiment Publishing Company
These graphics, images,
text copy, sights or sounds may not be used without expressed written consent of
the Glistening Web Communications Corporation.